[Cost-effective FBG Temperature Sensor System]
A cost-effective FBG (Fiber Bragg Grating) interrogation system that includes a tunable light source, arrayed photodiodes, and several fiber-optic couplers has been developed with very simple configuration. Especially, it is not necessary to compensate the accurate wavelength because the wavelength sweeping is precisely performed in terms of the response time of which external cavity material is 5 msec. Moreover, time-varying temperature trends as well as spectra of FBGs can be observed through the front display.
- Simplifies the wavelength variable function by using the electric driving characteristics of the light source (VCSEL)
- By using the adjustment of the bias current applied to the light source, temperature accuracy equivalent to that of the conventional method is secured without expensive filters.
- Small operation possible with around 10 sensors
- Suitable for IoT optical sensor network configuration
- Sensor system using optical fiber such as chemistry and temperature sensor
- Safety diagnosis and displacement measurement of structure, terrain, ships, power plants, etc.
- IoT sensor monitoring
- Safety system in shipbuilding and power field